The Ovarian Cancer Education & Research Network, Inc. (OCERN) was formed in 2012 by a group of dedicated volunteers with a personal connection to ovarian cancer.
BIG DAY OF GIVING
MAY 3, 12:00AM - MAY 4, 3:00pm
3 WAYS TO DONATE
View our Giving Edge Profile to learn more about us.
Our organization strives to fulfill our mission by disseminating education materials at community events and health fairs; maintaining an active speakers bureau that focuses on community, professional and academic presentations; organize an annual run/walk fundraiser; collaborate with a medical advisory board; and conduct media campaigns to highlight September as Ovarian Cancer Awareness month.
Board of Directors
Members include ovarian cancer survivors and dedicated volunteers with have lost a loved one to this disease.
- Gina Dayton - Executive Director
- Michelle Osborn - Financial Director
- Mari Ueda-Tao - Secretary
- Kim Mattoch - Director
- Ken Terry - Director
Medical Advisory Board
Members of OCERN’s Medical Advisory Board are committed to furthering ovarian cancer research and improving the lives of women with ovarian cancer.
- Maude L. Blundell, MS, LCGC, Head Genetic Counselor - Sutter Cancer Center
- Dawn Colburn, Ph.D. , Clincal Science Specialist - Genentech
- Davida Feder, Ovarian Cancer Advocate
- Edwin A Alvarez, Assistant Professor, Gynecologic Oncology
- Gary S. Leiserowitz, M.D. M.S., Clinical Professor and Interim Chair, Obstetrics and Gynecology; Division Chief and Fellowship Director, Gynecologic Oncology - UC Davis Medical Center
- Vikas Mahavni, M.D., Gynecology Oncology - The Permanente Medical Group