The Ovarian Cancer Education & Research Network, Inc. (OCERN) was formed in 2012 by a group of dedicated volunteers with a personal connection to ovarian cancer.
OCERN has awarded a $25,000 research grant to Dr. Suzanne Miyamoto, Associate Research Biochemist at the UC Davis Cancer Center in Sacramento. This grant will help fund additional research to find glycomic biomarkers that distinguish between early and late stage epithelial ovarian cancer. It will be presented this Sunday, September 14, at OCERN's annual Let's ROC!! Run for Ovarian Cancer. Join us on Sunday to congratulate our first grant recipient and to hear more about her promising research. Special thanks to our many supporters who made this grant possible!
Our organization strives to fulfill our mission by disseminating education materials at community events and health fairs; maintaining an active speakers bureau that focuses on community, professional and academic presentations; organize an annual run/walk fundraiser; collaborate with a medical advisory board; and conduct media campaigns to highlight September as Ovarian Cancer Awareness month.
Board of Directors
Members include ovarian cancer survivors and dedicated volunteers with have lost a loved one to this disease.
- Gina Dayton - Executive Director
- Michelle Osborn - Financial Director
- Mari Ueda-Tao - Secretary
- Kim Mattoch - Director
Medical Advisory Board
Members of OCERN’s Medical Advisory Board are committed to furthering ovarian cancer research and improving the lives of women with ovarian cancer.
- Maude Blundell, Genetic Counselor - Sutter Cancer Center
- Dawn Colburn, Ph.D. , Clincal Science Specialist - Genentech
- Davida Feder, Ovarian Cancer Advocate
- Gary S. Leiserowitz, M.D., Professor and Vice-Chair, Dept of OB/GYN Chief, Division of Gynecologic Oncology - UC Davis Medical Center
- Vikas Mahavni, M.D., Gynecology Oncology - The Permanente Medical Group
- Sharon Perry, R.N.C., N.P., Gynecology Oncology - The Premanente Medical Group